Environmental test chamber equipped with a temperature and humidity chamber on top and a muddy saltwater bath on the bottom are ideal for the automotive market
The reliability of automotive parts has an extremely high, and developed products must be able to withstand temperature and humidity cycle tests as well as air and liquid thermal shock tests, which cannot be evaluated with those conventional tests. As a result, we are seeing more severe tests and an increase in tests that combine various environmental factors that these parts are actually used.
For automotive sensor parts mounted around the outside of the body, the environmental factors include water splashes from the road, rainwater, and sodium chloride or calcium chloride contained in road antifreezing agents.
The Muddy Saltwater Cycle Test System was developed to meet the need for testing under these environmental factors. This system is equipped with a muddy saltwater bath below a hot chamber, enabling you to subject the specimen to severe temperature and humidity stress after being submerged in the muddy saltwater bath. It is possible to exposure the specimen to shocks that cannot be realized in a conventional environmental test chamber, and perform endurance tests closer to the environmental condition to be used.
- Muddy saltwater bath
- The test area is raised and lowered, and the specimen is submerged in the muddy saltwater. This process, which is conventionally done by hand, has been automated, and higher reproducibility tests can easily be performed.
- Unique program testing
- You can create a program that combines low temperature, high temperature and high humidity, muddy saltwater soaking, and high temperature testing and operate that automatically.
- Test profile (example)
- Corrosion resistant
- The inside chamber is made of titanium to prevent corrosion from saltwater. In addition, the heater and cooler are also made of titanium to enhance durability.
Test Sample Parts and automotive sensors inside the engine and around the outside of the body Purpose of use Investigation of failure factors due to exposure to greater stress and mud water and saltwater in actual environmental condition parts to be used Main markets Automotive parts manufacturers, electronic parts manufacturers (automotive sensor manufacturers) Processes Development and evaluation
- Temperature and humidity control range
- Chamber construction
- Main specifications
Model LTM-3701046 Method Two-zone method by transferring specimen up and down 200 V AC, 3 Φ, 3W, 50/60 Hz (Supporting any power supply voltage as an option)
(Power supply voltage fluctuation: Within ±10% of rated voltage)
Maximum load current 32A Performance*1 Temperature and humidity chamber – High humidity chamber Temperature range -40°C to +150°C Temperature fluctuation Within ±0.5°C Temperature uniformity Within ±1.5°C Temperature heat-up time Within 60 minutes from -40°C to +150°C Temperature pull-down time Within 60 minutes from +20°C to -30°C (average) Humidity control range 60 to 98%rh Humidity fluctuation ±5%rh Humidity distribution ±5%rh Water chamber – Silicate mud water chamber Temperature range Temperature range
Ambient temperature result
* May fluctuate due to effects of high humidity chamber
Temperature recovery sampling data pattern Operation method
- Program operation by chamber controller.
- Controlling cylinder for sample transfer by time signal during water temperature exposure.
- Capable to control chamber temperature. Water temperature is uncontrollable and reading water temperature from water temperature gauge.
Data pattern 1.High-temperature exposure: +25°C/5 min.→
2.High-temperature exposure: -30°C/60 min.→
3.High-temperature exposure: +80°C 80% RH/30 min.→
4.Silicate mud water exposure: ambient temperature (result)/30 min.
(Hot chamber is in standby at +40°C)→
5.High-temperature exposure: +40 Sample pattern
* Data is sampled by adding approximate temperature change time to above times.
Brine muddy saltwater (perform using city water) Sensor location Within test area frame/up-stream from specimen (high-humidity exposure) Temperature recovery target Within 5 minutes (no specimen) Performance*1 Specimen transfer time Transfer time from hot chamber to water chamber: 5 seconds
* There may be a large mechanical shock
Transfer time from water chamber to hot chamber: 10 seconds
Construction Interior Titanium (body, water chamber) Heater (high humidity chamber) Sheathed heater (titanium) 2 kW Humidifier (high humidity chamber) Boiler type 2 kW Cooler/dehumidifier
(high humidity chamber)
Plate fin cooler
(material: titanium alloy), 1 unit
(high humidity chamber)
Sirocco fan 1 Φ, 30/32 W, 2 units
* Fan and shaft have corrosion resistant coating
Agitator (water chamber) None
* Optional when needed.
Refrigerator unit Method: water-cooling single-step refrigeration system
Compressor: hermetically sealed rotary compressor 1.2 kW
Refrigerant: R404A (HFC)
Condenser: water-cooler condenser, 1 unit
Dimensions / Weight Outside dimensions W1260 × H2000 × D1373mm Test area dimensions W200 × H160 × D150mm Test area load capacity 5kg Weight Approx. 450 kg (not including liquid weight) Water chamber liquid weight Approx. 65 L
- *1 With ambient temperature of +23°C and no specimen
- * The model is for operational purposes and may be changed after order. Thank you for your understanding.