Overview of Equipment:
For reliability evaluation of oxide film
Reliability evaluation of oxide film is in demand as an evaluation closely connected with the reliability of LSIs, which continue to become denser and have higher functionality.
This system plays an important role in identifying the cause of a failure due to oxide film characteristics and flattening, and the reduction in resistance of insulation oxide film due to the thinning of the wafer, glass substrate, and package.
- Main specifications
Voltage/current application range -50V to +50V / -100mA to +100mA Resolution 1 mV increments / 1 pA increments Voltage/current measurement range -50 V to +50 V / -100 mA to +100 mA Number of SMUs 36 SMU units (up to 324 SMUs)
System configuration according to measurement countThe TDDB Evaluation System has a SM module per channel to enable voltage and current output and monitoring.
The SM module comprises one board of four SMUs, with a standard configuration (36 SMUs) of units that can house up to 9 boards. It can be expanded up to 9 sets (324 SMUs) on the wafer level.
- Connection to DUT
- High accuracy current and voltage application measurement
- The current features a 9 range and a measurement resolution with a maximum current of ±100 mA and a minimum current of ±1 pA. The voltage has a resolution with a maximum voltage of ±50 V and a minimum voltage of ±1 mV, thereby enabling application and measurement with a wide range and high accuracy.
- Measurement terminal connection diagram (TDDB)
- Analytical application software (E-Graph) provided
- You can check the progress status and measurement values of a test in real-time as they update automatically. After measurement, you can create a Weibull plot and measure the life of the specimen using the measurement result. Data can be converted with Excel or other spreadsheet software.
- Supports a wide range of evaluation items
- This system can perform TDDB evaluation at the wafer level or LCD glass substrate level, and it supports measurement items such as QDB/TZDB evaluation with 1-terminal (Gate – GND common), 2-terminal (Gate – GND), and 4-terminal (Drain, Gate, Base, Source) settings.
With the use of optional software, this system can also evaluate the FET single unit transistor characteristics.
- Number of DUT processes
* The optional software is required to evaluate the FET single unit transistor characteristics.
- Use software to change pin assignments
- Change the terminal settings by cabinet (36 SMUs ×3 sets).
In addition, changes can be made to the pad layout for the same number of terminals on the application for each multi SMU, thereby enabling changes to the pin assignments with the same probe guard.