Overview Of Equipment:
Choose from two types of test areas.Choose from 2 different capacities (1m³ and 2m³) of the VOC Emission Test Chamber according to the size of the specimen. You can perform VOC emission testing in various fields, from compact specimens to large specimens.
- Supports various measurement specimens
- This system can test everything from plywood, wallpaper, curtains, and other building materials and automotive interior parts to everyday heat-generating home appliances, such as computers and printers. In addition, it is equipped with cable ports to electrify the specimen.
- Interactive input system for easy operation
- The instrumentation has a color LCD screen and uses an interactive input system with touch operations to enable easy settings by anyone.
- Ensures a TVOC value of at least 20 μg/m³ for the background concentration
- The VOC Emission Test Chamber uses material with low organic emission and low adsorption, and it comes with a high performance clean air producing unit that removes unneeded gas in the air. It constantly provides clean air and ensures a TVOC value of less than 20 μg/m³ for the background concentration prior to test start.
- VOC-010 (air-circulating fan is provided as option)
- Accurate measurement
- In addition to having a clear air producing unit, this system uses stainless steel in the test area and reduces the amount of volatile organic compounds (VOC) generated from non-specimen materials. The test area is mirror finished and prevents the accumulation of VOC generated from the specimen for more accurate testing.
- Adjustable the ventilation count according to test conditions
- The ventilation count can be adjusted in the range of 0.2 to 2.0 times/hour (0.2 to 1.5 times/hour on VOC-020 only) according to test conditions.
- Paperless data recording
- The paperless recorder enables recording of the test area temperature, humidity, and air exchange rate on a memory card (compact flash drive).
|Compact chamber||Temperature control range||+20 to +100°C :
At test operation (no load, with specimen)
|+80 to +250°C :
Heat processing operation time (no load, no specimen)
|Temperature and humidity control range||30 to 90%RH (at+20 to +50°C)(no load, with specimen)|
|Temperature and humidity control width||±0.5°C / ±5% (no load, no specimen)|
|Temperature and humidity distribution width*1||±1.0°C / ±5% (no load, no specimen)|
|Background concentration||Less than 2 µg/m³ for single substance concentration|
|Less than 20 µg/m³ for TVOC concentration|
|Air exchange rate||0.2 to 2.0 times per hour (at test operation)||0.2 to 1.5 times per hour (at test operation)|
|Air exchange rate control width||±5% (air exchange rate of 0.5 times per hour or higher)|
|Mass transfer coefficient||9 to 18m/h (water vapor conversion)|
|Air tightness||Air leakage under 1% of supply air amount (at air exchange rate of 0.5 times per hour)|
|Recovery rate||80% or higher (Toluene)|
|Effective inner dimension
(W × H × D mm)
|1000 × 1100 × 810||2000 × 1100 × 810|
|(Inner capacity: Approx. 1 m³)||(Inner capacity: Approx. 2 m³)|
|Material (Configuration)||Stainless steel plate (full circumference welded structure)|
|Door effective dimension (W × H mm)||1000 × 1100||2000 × 1100|
|Door lock||Latch lock (6 locations)||Latch lock (16 locations)|
|Outside dimensions (W × H × D mm)||2250 × 1950 × 1520||3250 × 1950× 1520|
|Door effective dimension (W × H mm)||1600 × 1570||2600 × 1570|
|Air circulator||Cross line flow fan|
|Refrigerator||Indoor air-cooled fully sealed (Refrigerant: R134a)|
|Heater||Nichrome strip wire heater|
|Evaporator||Multistage plate fin cooler|
|Chamber weight||Approx. 1000 kg||Approx. 1800 kg|
|Accessories||Recorder (paperless recorder), Integrating hour meter, Caster, Sampling port for specimen collection (2 locations), Air-circulating fan (VOC-020)|
|Utility requirements||Power source facilities||Power supply||AC200V 3φ 3W 50/60Hz Allowable voltage fluctuation :
Rated voltage ±5% (The allowable operating range is the rated voltage ±10%)
|Maximum load capacity||11.5kVA (15.8kVA when equipped with air compressor)|
|Maximum current||32.0A (45.6A when equipped with air compressor)|
|Leakage breaker capacity||40A (50A when equipped with air compressor)|
|Compressed air||Discharged air flow||160 L/min or highe (atmospheric pressure) Oil-free|
|Control pressure||0.6 to 0.9MPa|
|Connection tube outer diameter||φ10mm|
|Exhaust||Exhaust duct diameter||φ100mm (Flange diameter φ150mm)|
|Discharge air volume||Max. 120 m³/h or higher|
|Supply water||Quality||Pure water (Quality equivalent to A1 water specified in JIS K0557)|
|Maximum water supply rate||20L (manual supply)|
|Natural drainage pipe||Indirect drain VP30 1 units|
|Floor load capacity||350kg/m²||350kg/m²|
*1 Measurement method complies with Japan Testing Machinery Association (JTM). However, the calculation method is half the maximum value minus the minimum value when stable.
- This is the measured performance at the control point after stable operation for 30 minutes with an ambient temperature of +5 to +32°C and no load.
- The allowable voltage fluctuation is within ±5% of the rated voltage, and the allowable frequency fluctuation is within ±1% of the rated frequency.
- TVOC concentration of installation space (supply air) must be less than 300 μg/m³, and there must not be a significant fluctuation.
|Recorder (paper type) 100mm||●||●|
|External alarm terminal||●||●|
|Specimen power supply terminal||●||●|
|Emergency stop switch||●||●|
|Rotating signal light||●||●|
|Chamber air-circulating fan||●||Standard equipment|
|Chamber fastening bracket||●||●|
|Cable port (φ50)||●||●|
|Plug socket (External)||●||●|
|Power cord (5m)||●||●|
|Power cord (10m)||●||●|
- External alarm terminal and specimen power supply terminal
- External alarm terminal: This connection terminal provides external notification of an error when the safety device activates on the system.
- Specimen power supply terminal: Electrifies the specimen. It consists of connection terminals.
- Emergency stop switch
- The system is equipped with an emergency stop switch. Pressing the emergency stop switch shuts down the chamber.
- Rotating signal light
- The system is equipped with a rotating signal light. This lights up and rotates when the system has a problem.
- Time signal
- Set this during program operation to control external equipment by opening and closing the circuit contacts. When an error occurs, the chamber stops and the contacts open.
- Air compressor
This system is equipped with an air compressor to supply compressed air to the chamber.
- Compressor: Oil-free scroll compressor (with built-in air dryer)
- Air-circulating fan
- The chamber comes with an air-circulating fan to improve temperature uniformity of the test area when a heat-generation load is generated in the compact chamber. Only one can be set at the prescribed location (front center interior of the compact chamber).
- Chamber fastening bracket
- This bracket secures to the floor to prevent the chamber from falling.
- Cable port
The chamber comes with one cable port at a prescribed location at the left center of the unit.
Compact chamber cable port (φ50 mm) Test area cable port (φ100 mm)
Cap (φ50, φ100 mm) Fluororubber plug (φ50 mm)
Silicon sponge rubber plug (φ100 mm)
* Air tightness cannot be guaranteed when passing equipment such as a power code through the cable port.
- Plug sockets (external)
- These sockets are used to electrify the specimen and supply power to peripheral instruments that are used in conjunction with chamber operation.
- Power cord
- 5, 10m